Proactively and Reactively dealing with fraud in today’s environment. What audit professionals need to know to effectively and efficiently mitigate fraud in the course of their roles and responsibilities.
7:30-8:00am - Registration and Breakfast buffet
8:00-10:00am (with break) - Speaker
The seminar will provide 2 CPE credits
Venue provides ample free parking. Space is limited so please register ASAP!
Mike Sherrod, CPA, CFE
Senior Director – Corporate Security Services
Office (804) 855-5232 (tie line 434)
Cell (804) 938-5217
Fax (804) 284-2108
Mike Sherrod is a Senior Director in the Corporate Security Services Department at Capital One. Mike leads the internal fraud Detection and Prevention team for Corporate Security Services and is their subject matter expert on internal fraud. In this role, Mike is primarily responsible for the following:
· Conducting significant investigations
· Designing and implementing data analytics to monitor for internal fraud across the Company
· Assisting the corporate auditors at Capital One in addressing how fraud risks are relevant in their respective audits and how they want to address
· Conducting fraud risk assessments in various Lines of Business.
· Consulting with the other fraud risk leads within Capital One to strengthen their processes to prevent and detect fraud.
Prior to joining Capital One, Mike worked for Ernst & Young (E&Y) in their Fraud Investigation practice and led the efforts in the US with respect to their Anti-Fraud Service offering. In this role he worked with clients in various industries around the world in conducting anti-fraud program assessments, fraud risk assessments, fraud awareness trainings, developing and assessing fraud response plans and conducting FCPA assessments. Mike also conducted significant investigations into revenue recognition, embezzlements and other misappropriation of asset allegations.
· Worked with professionals at E&Y and was the Co-Editor and Co-Author for “The Guide To Investigating Business Fraud” Published in September 2009 by the AICPA
· ACFE’s Fraud Magazine
o January 2011 – Published an article “Who Owns Fraud”. Article was on cover of the magazine.
o Published three articles in the magazine on data analytics and unstructured data. 2010.
· The Security Magazine
o Published article - January 2012 - Developing Fraud Response plans.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- ISMA Leadership Certificate –Northwestern and Georgetown Universities
Share this event on Facebook and Twitter
We hope you can make it!
Note: Click either EventBrite "Attend Event" button to Register. Please disregard the "Register Now" button at top of web page; it is inoperative.
Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM (EST)
The Place at Innsbrook
4036 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060