Warren C. Daniel
One North Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
Education and Certifications
· B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
· Certified Pen Testing Specialist (CPTS), Mile2
· Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), Raytheon / Key Computing
· Member, International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners (ISFCE)
· November 2012 - present:
PwC LLP, Director
· January 2010 – November 2012:
HALOCK Security Labs, Junior Partner / Incident Response and Forensics Practice Leader
· 2008 to 2010 – Sungard Availability Services, Lead Security Consultant
Warren C. Daniel, CPTS, CCE
Warren is a Director in PwC's U.S. Forensic Services Practice, specializing in Cyber Security, Forensics, and Incident Response for the Midwest Forensics Team.
Warren is responsible for Cyber security including crisis management, incident response, and electronic forensic investigations of computers, network data, malware, and mobile devices.
He has managed and performed worldwide secure network design, risk management, IT governance, attack and penetration testing, incident response, and forensics for several of the world’s largest healthcare providers, investment banking firms, government defense contractors, and telecom providers. In addition, Warren has designed, built, and tested secure networks at the various US stock exchanges.
Warren has performed security testing for the United States Department of Defense (DoD), the various stock, options, and futures exchanges, and several international telecommunications companies. Prior to his focus on security, he designed, built, and tested nation-wide secure networks for several multi-national corporations.
Overall Experience Summary
· Extensive experience in designing secure networks utilizing advanced malware protection, and a strong familiarity with appliances such as advanced malware protection, email protection, file share protection, and malware analysis servers. Far-reaching experience performing network design and system integration for clients to integrate advanced malware protection, network forensic monitoring, Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS) protection, web-application protection, and computer and mobile device forensics. Currently leads PwC Midwest Cybercrime Division team in charge of client breach investigation, counter-measures network design and integration, malware detection, digital forensics, and data loss remediation.
· Performed incident response for several of the worlds’ leading defense, healthcare, banking, retail, and defense software and technology services companies offering incident response services, crisis management, breach management, data loss remediation, online copyright infringement services, investigation theft of intellectual property and trade secrets, malware, fraud, corporate espionage, outage recovery, illegal trading activities, and criminal investigations.
· Performed and managed worldwide secure network design, risk management, IT governance, and attack and penetration testing for several of the world’s largest investment banking firms, and has designed, built, and tested secure networks at the various US stock exchanges.
· Contract instructor – United States Air Force, Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Wright Patterson AFB, Cyberspace Technical Center of Excellence (CTCoE), US Cyber-warrior program
Representative industry experience includes the following:
» Higher education
Sharp Healthcare, San Diego, CA
Defense / military Experience
Defense and military specific experience includes the following clients:
» United States Air Force – Wright Patterson AFB, OH
» United States Air Force – Eielson AFB, AK
» United States Air Force – Elmendorf AFB, AK
» United States Army – Fort Wainwright Army Post, AK
» Motorola Inc. / Motorola Solutions – Schaumburg, IL
» The Boeing Company – Chicago, IL
» Lockheed Martin – Arlington, VA
» SAIC – Alexandria, VA
» Akima LLC – Hampton, VA