Board Driven/Objective Centric Assurance: Internal Audit Transformation Strategies to meet new expectations
This fast-paced 1 day workshop has been specifically designed to help internal auditors and their organizations meet these new expectations and increase senior management and board satisfaction levels.
Coverage discussed during this workshop will include:
1. What’s wrong with the status quo approaches to ERM and internal audit?
2. What is BOARD DRIVEN/OBJECTIVE CENTRIC Assurance?
3. The business case for BOARD DRIVEN/OBJECTIVE CENTRIC Assurance.
4. Impact of BOARD DRIVEN/OBJECTIVE CENTRIC approach on internal audit planning and work plan.
5. Implementing BOARD DRIVEN/OBJECTIVE CENTRIC Assurance – step-by-step.
6. Why are “RISK REGISTERS” not doing the job?
7. Building, prioritizing and assigning the organization’s OBJECTIVE REGISTER incl. the role of internal audit.
8. Practical methods to reliably identify and assess risks to key value creation/value erosion objectives.
9. Identifying and assessing the current “RISK TREATMENTS” in place – including risk mitigation, risk transfer, risk share, and risk finance strategies – much more than “internal controls”.
10. Documenting the current residual risk status and assessing whether it is within your organization’s RISK APPETITE/TOLERANCE.
11. How to assess whether current risk treatment strategies are optimized – i.e. the lowest possible cost capable of producing an acceptable residual risk status.
12. Integrating ERM, INTERNAL AUDIT and your organization’s strategic planning and budgeting processes.
Tim Leech is Managing Director Global Services at Risk Oversight Inc. He is widely recognized as an innovator, practical thinker, and global thought leader in the areas of board risk oversight, enterprise risk and assurance management, governance, risk and compliance ("GRC"), internal audit re-engineering and transformation, cost effective approaches to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, anti-money laundering, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance, and forensic accounting/litigation support. He has received awards for outstanding contributions to the profession from the Ontario Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants, the Institute of Internal Auditors, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Designations/certifications held include FCPA/FCA CIA CRMA CFE.
Please Click Here for Details and Registration