Two Day Course providing 16 Hours of Professional Development:
Day 1: Fraud Auditing
This one day course will provide an overview of the Basics of Fraud Auditing and Fraud Red Flags.
All auditors should have basic fraud knowledge to meet their obligation as an auditor. In this day long course, attendees will focus on the basics of fraud auditing, including monitoring activities, understanding the nature of fraud and how it occurs, internal audit’s role in detecting fraud and fraud red flags.
• Attendees will learn how to identify fraud risk and appropriate tools and techniques
• Attendees will learn how to apply critical thinking skills to fraud situations.
• Attendee will learn how to identify fraud through fraud indicators
• Attendees will discover how fraud occurs and the characteristics of a fraudster.
Day 2: Optimized Critical Thinking
A One Day Detailed Course on Getting the Most of our Auditors and Thinking Outside the Box
Critical Thinking is defined as a type of reasonable, reflective thinking that is aimed at deciding what to believe or what to do. It is a way of deciding whether a claim is always true, sometimes true, partly true, or false. Critical thinking is an important component of most professions, especially in specialized fields such as the medical field, air travel and any specific science, including internal audit. As auditors, the ability to optimize our critical thinking skills will assist in distinguishing auditors as value-added employees to an organization. This one-day course will assist attendees in understanding the concepts of critical thinking and applying it to all aspects of the audit process.
• Understand the basics of critical thinking, including definitions and terms.
• Learn the importance of critical thinking and how it can help distinguish the audit department.
• Learn the key steps in the critical thinking process and how to sell changes to the organization.
Day 1 or Day 2: $450 for members and $500 for non-members
Day 1 and Day 2: $800 for members and $900 for non-members
Click here for Details and Registration