Six Sigma for Auditors
|Six Sigma for Auditors|
|Six Sigma for Auditors - Ken Ramaley (8 CPE)|
This Introduction to Six Sigma for Auditors workshop provides a hands-on opportunity for auditors to learn and apply Six Sigma tools to their existing audit work. Six Sigma tools enable quantitative approaches to scoping, planning, testing, and continuous monitoring of risk. Participants will gain a broad understanding of several essential Six Sigma tools, as well as an effective manner to present their quantitatively supported findings in the context of audit work. This session is highly practical, focused on tool application and interpretation. The facilitator, Ken Ramaley, is an experienced Six Sigma Master Black Belt and a Certified Internal Auditor. Ken holds a US Patent for advanced statistical sampling methodologies based on Six Sigma principles.
This workshop has no pre-requisites and is intended for those with little to no practical experience in executing Six Sigma audit practices. Auditors who have background in Six Sigma process improvement will still find it useful as the workshop focuses on appropriation of Six Sigma tools in performing audit work, rather than on Six Sigma process improvement methodology per se.
Detailed Course Outline
1) Overview of Six Sigma and why auditors should care about it
2) Process Mapping – for Scoping Audits
3) FMEA – for applying to Process Maps to focus testing
4) Root Cause Analysis – for designing tests
5) Hypothesis Testing – for designing tests
6) Sampling Adequacy Testing – for designing tests and interpreting results
7) Special Testing Approaches – MSA/DOE
8) Control Charts - for continuous monitoring
9) Six Sigma for Auditors into is TIP of the iceberg!
Field of Study: Auditing
Advance preparation: None
Level of knowledge: Beginner to Intermediate
Delivery method: Group Live
Cost for IIA Members: $150
Cost for Non-Members: $240
||Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
||Lowe's Corporate Offices|
1000 Lowes Blvd.
Mooresville, North Carolina 28117
||View Event Fees |
||Tuesday, April 8, 2014|
Please respond by clicking one of the buttons below