Click here to view the Event Summary
Available CPE: 4 hours
Every organization has implemented virtualization technologies due to the massive cost, efficiency, and redundancy benefits provided by this technology. However, the addition of virtualization adds a level of complexity to the validation of the controls. In this session we will discuss what is virtualization, how does it benefit the organization, what are the controls we would typically see in a virtualized environment, and how can we validate the different levels of logical access controls that can be implemented and should be checked.
At this session, attendees can expect to:
- Gain a basic understanding of Virtualization technologies including the benefits and advantages of implemented virtualization.
- Explore impacts and benefits of virtualization on business continuity, development and testing efforts of the organization.
- Review resource sharing metrics that should be evaluated and monitored
- Examine logical security controls standard to virtualization environments and how those controls should be evaluated and monitored.
Who should attend this event?
- Technology Auditors
- Audit Staff
- Independent Audit Professionals
Corbin Del Carlo, Regional Leader for Security Privacy Services, McGladrey LLP
Corbin Del Carlo is a director with the risk advisory services group and regional leader for the Security and Privacy service line. Corbin specializes in internal and external network security reviews, penetration testing, internal technology and virtualization controls reviews, information systems security policy analysis, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard assessments, control evaluations and technology risk assessments/impact analysis.
Prior to joining McGladrey, LLP, Corbin worked for a major financial institution, providing network administration and security direction for 1,500 users across four states. Before that, Corbin was a network and firewall administrator at a private university in downstate Illinois. Corbin has served as an instructor for courses in Information Security/CyberSecurity, Network Security, Mobile Device Security, and emerging technologies for the IIA, ICBA, SANS, WBA, and ISACA.
Monday, May 12, 2014
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Event Check-in at 7:30
450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive, Chicago, Illinois
|Last date for Registration
||Friday, May 9, 2014|