Senior Internal Auditor
· Perform audits for assigned areas of operations at corporate and at partner locations. The primary focus of audit will be operational and compliance; however, financial and information technology audits will be performed periodically. Audits will be performed in accordance with acceptable audit standards and within stipulated schedules. Audit will collaborate with management and partner management to ensure effective and efficient actions plans are fully implemented on a timely basis.
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Collaborates closely with: CFO
Chief Compliance Officer
Head of Operations
Vice President of Partner Relationship Management
· Identify and evaluate the audit risk areas of the company and partner locations and provide key input to the development of the internal audit plan.
· Manage financial, operational, IT and regulatory audit and advisory projects and internal audit engagements of various complexities from planning to communication of results, working alone or supervising teams of varying sizes.
· Execute audit engagements and perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria and creative auditing techniques, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting and analyzing client processes, systems and procedures, conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing work papers. Audit will occur at the company and at the multiple partner locations.
· Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations for improvement using good judgment and maintaining independence and objectivity.
· Assist in promptly communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
· Assist in providing training, coaching, and guidance in governance, risk and control to company and partner management when conducting audits and other audit-related projects.
· Experience requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience with consumer credit compliance audit OR minimum of 2-years Big-4 public auditing experience is required.
· Certification as a CPA, CIA or equivalent preferred.
· Technical and specific requirements:
· Desire to travel approximately 25% of time across the US and Canada.
· Considerable computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, audit and data analysis packages, and other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses to support the logical conclusions drawn from the audit or project.
· Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
· Considerable skill in applying internal auditing standards, internal control frameworks, accounting principles, or management principles and leading practices.
· Organizational requirements:
o Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to develop collaborative working relationships with both internal and external contacts.
o Ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the pieces together, seeing the larger picture and internal or external implications
o Ability to organize the parts of a problem or situation in a systemic way, making systematic comparisons of different features or aspects
o Is Customer Centric
§ Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
§ Established and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
· Cultural requirements:
o Is Trusted and Trusting
§ Easy to approach and talk to
§ Is seen as a direct, truthful individual
§ Keeps confidences
§ Admits mistakes
§ Builds constructive and effective relationships
§ Practices attentive and generous listening
o Values peers and employees
§ Is interesting in the work and non-work lives of other employees
§ Monitors workloads and appreciates extra effort
§ Available and read to help
§ Treats everyone with humanity, justice and temperance
o Is Results Oriented
§ Has energy for the things he/she sees as challenging
§ Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
§ Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
§ Pushes self and other for results
§ Establishes clear accountability of self and others
o Agile & Nimble
§ Effectively copes with change
§ Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
§ uses a systemic approach to transformation
§ manages change by demonstrating ability
§ is flexible and adaptable with facing tough calls
o Demonstrates creative solutioning
§ Comes up with unique and new ideas
§ Seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions
§ Learns quickly when facing new problems
§ Is skilled at seeing broader implications