Quality Assurance Program
1.5 Hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
Edmundo S. Calderon, Chief Internal Auditor, City of El Paso
The International Professional Practices Framework – Standard 1300 Series A Chief Audit Executive is required to develop and maintain a Quality Assurance & Improvement Program (QAIP). This presentation will focus on preparing for an External Assessment.
· How to complete a Self-Assessment Review in preparation for your formal External Assessment.
· How to set up your External Assessment by contracting the services out or completing a Self-Assessment with Independent Validation Program.
· The International Standards for the Profession Practice of Internal Auditing - how they factor in to an External Review.
1.5 Hours of CPE Credits (TSBPA Sponsor No. 009791); No prerequisite required; includes lunch buffet.
El Paso Club Chase Building, 18th Floor 201 East Main Street El Paso, Texas 79901 Free Valet Parking (via Mesa Street entrance)
· IIA Members: FREE
· Non-members: $30
Please register by August 23, 2013 – Non-Members Register by clicking the link below:
Members please e-mail Lyz Gonzalez
, Chapter Secretary or contact her at (915) 774-8211 or you may contact Veronica Coronado - Chapter Vice-President at (915) 774-8222. Payments may be made by credit card using PayPal at the time of registration via our website, or by check or cash at the event.
Meals and seats are reserved based on the number of RSVPs received by the deadline date. No-shows and cancellations after the RSVP date will be billed. If you are unable to attend, you may have someone else attend in your place to avoid being billed. If not prepaid, payment at the door is required -- cash and checks only. If paying by check, please make payable to "El Paso Area Chapter IIA”. Invoices are available upon request.
About the presenter:
Edmundo S. Calderon is currently the Chief Internal Auditor for the City of El Paso. Edmundo is a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Government Auditing Professional and Certified in Risk Management Assurance. Edmundo holds both Bachelors in Business Administration (major in Accounting) and a Masters of Business Administration. He has over 30 years of experience in the auditing, accounting, and financial services profession. His experience varies from auditing for General Motors Acceptance Corporation, the University of Texas at El Paso, Fort Bliss Federal Credit Union, and the City of El Paso.
Edmundo is a member of the following organizations:
· Institute of Internal Auditors
· Association of Local Government Auditors
· Association of Airport Internal Auditors
· Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
· Association of Government Accountants