The Influential Auditor: How To Be The best Trusted Advisor
Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
100 High St
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Ann M. Butera, CRP is President of The Whole Person Project Inc., an organizational development consulting firm. She is a frequent speaker at internal audit conferences and has worked with audit departments of all sizes to provide auditors with the tools and techniques needed to improve risk management practices within their organizations. Ann is regularly cited in Who's Who and has been honored by Women On The Job with the Business Achievement Award. She is a member of the llA, the American Society for Training and Development, the Association of Government Accountants, and the National Association of Corporate Directors. She served as Audit Committee Chair for a financial services firm. Ann Butera received her Masters of Business Administration in Organizational Development from Adelphi University. She holds a CRP (Certified Risk Professional) designation from BAI, and is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Long Island University/C.W. Post College.
The ability to get results from people at different organizational levels is critical to every auditor's success. Equally important is being able to add value and work effectively with other departments to earn a "seat at the table". During this interactive session, Ann M. Butera, President of The Whole Person Project, Inc., an organizational development consulting firm that specializes in internal audit and risk management, will explain ways you can communicate powerfully and meaningfully so that your messages get the attention they deserve. She will provide you with practical and time-tested techniques you can use to influence your constituents. By attending this seminar you will be able to take away tools and approaches to:
- Be the trusted advisor- the "go to" person who's in demand for ideas and advice
- Communicate your suggestions in a way that increases others' trust and willingness to listen
- Define the attributes of executive presence
- Develop a strategy to enhance your own executive presence
- Describe the six laws of influencing and how to use them when auditing
- Gain insights into your preferred influencing style - and whether it's effective
- Communicate your messages more persuasively --- without resorting to ultimatums --- and increase others'
- acceptance of your audit concerns
- Influence others' points of view concerning risks and controls - including senior management - and make
- powerful suggestions for corrective action
Course level: Overview.
Delivery Method: Group-live programs. 8 CPE credits will be awarded.
The following materials will be used during the seminar:
Cancellation and refund Policy:
Written notice of cancellations received before April 30, 2014, will be fully refunded. Cancellations received fromMay 1to May16, 2014, will be refunded less a $50 processing fee. No refund for cancellations on or after May 17, 2014. Substitution of registrants is allowed.
The Whole Person Project, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of
Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org."
To register and pay for this seminar, please click the link below:
This event is sponsored in part by: