We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Member Price: $100.00
Nonmember Price: $115.00
Student Price: $100.00
Retirees Price: $100.00
A One-Day Crash Course on the foundation for all field audits.
Planning is the foundation for every efficient and effective audit. If audit teams take the time to build an effective audit risk assessment and plan the audit accordingly, the opportunity for a smooth and under budget increases exponentially. This one course will take attendees through the basics of audit level risk assessments and appropriate steps throughout the planning phase of an audit.
· Attendees will learn how to identify audit risk and appropriate audit planning tools and techniques
· Attendees will learn how to apply critical thinking skills to the planning and risk assessment phase to perform an effective audit.
· Attendees will discover the best techniques for team management
Speaker: Danny M. Goldberg, Partner, Professional Development & Executive Recruiting
Danny M. Goldberg leads the Professional Development and Executive Recruiting Practices at Sunera. Danny has over 100 full-day diverse courses that he provides to clients, including courses on accounting, audit and soft skills. Prior to joining Sunera in January 2011, Danny founded SOFT GRC, an advisory services and professional development firm. Danny has over 16 years of audit experience, including five as a CAE/Audit Director at two diverse companies.
Prior to founding SOFT GRC, Danny was the Director of SOX Compliance and Corporate Audit at Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, where he led the Year One SOX Compliance efforts and assisted in building both departments. Prior to his tenure at Dr Pepper, Danny was the Chief Audit Executive at Tyler Technologies, a publicly traded technology company (Danny was hired to build the department from the ground up).
Danny has served on the audit committee of the Dallas Independent School District and was the Chairman of the North Texas Leadership Council of the American Lung Association in 2012. Danny is also the IIA Dallas and Fort Worth Chapter Programs Committee Co-Chairman for the 2012-2013 year.
Danny is accredited as the professional commentator on the publication BNA Tax and Accounting Portfolio, Internal Auditing: Fundamental Principles (Accounting Policy and Practice Series), which is authored by renowned audit scholars Curtis C. Verschoor and Mort A. Dittenhofer – co-author of Sawyer’s Internal Auditing. He is currently writing a publication on Crucial Communications: Tools When the Stakes are High that will be published by Wiley in 2014.
He has also published numerous articles in trade magazines, including:
· The Audit Report (Critical Thoughts on Critical Thinking, June 2013) – Cover Article
· ISACA Journal (The Importance of the ARA, Volume 4, 2012)
· ISACA Journal (The Missing Piece: Optimized Interpersonal Skills, Volume 3, 2012)
· The Audit Report (Executive Search: Knowing the Company is as Important as Knowing the Candidate, December 2011)
· ISACA Journal (General Auditing for the IT Auditor: An Overview, Volume 3, 2011)
· The Audit Report (11 Hot Topics for 2011, March 2011)
· Dallas Business Journal (The Yes Man Phenomenon, January 2011)
Danny is a well-known speaker across the nation at numerous IIA and ISACA sponsored events. He currently works with over 85 IIA and ISACA chapters around the world and numerous Fortune 1000 companies, assisting in their professional development efforts. Mr. Goldberg has been recognized as a top speaker at numerous events over the past years, including:
· 8th overall ranked speaker out of 120 – 2012 IIA International Conference
· “Top Rated” Speaker – IIA Triple Play Event – May 2013 (4.84/5.00)
· “Top Rated” (Excellent/Outstanding) Speaker – 20th
· Audit Division Conference (out of 44 presenters) – Annual American Society for Quality (ASQ)
· Top 10 Presentation – 2011 IIA Midwest Regional (36 total concurrent sessions, 3.75 overall rating
· Top 3 Ranked Speaker – ArkSarBen IIA 2011 District Conference (24 total sessions)
· 3.58/4.00 Rating – 2011 ACFE Annual North American Conference
Danny is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology, Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, Certified in Risk Management Assurance, has obtained his Certification in Control Self-Assessment and is a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
CLICK HERE for directions to the Armed Forces Reserve Center Training Facility, March Air Reserve Base.