WELCOME TO THE JAMAICA CHAPTER
|"Transformational Leadership for Internal Auditors"|
Chairman, Board of Governor's Message:
Mr. Collin Greenland
Fellow Auditors & Colleagues,
The Board of Governors of IIA Jamaica are pleased with the slate of activities planned in celebration of IIA Month 2015 under the theme "Corporate Governance."
Participation in the events and training opportunities are great investments in yourself, your departments, your staff and companies.
David and his team has done a tremendous job in lifting the profession, and the relevance of internal audit can no longer be argued.
Have a great month while we "Progress Through Sharing".
Chairman Board of Governors,
Mr. David Hall
Dear IIA Members & Affiliates,
May is International Internal Audit Awareness Month!
As an Internal Audit professional, you play an important role in raising awareness and elevating the profession. Whether you are an active IIA member or new to internal auditing, there's something you can do to raise awareness.
For example, you can customize your email signature and social media accounts with the International Internal Audit Awareness Month digital icon (depicted at right).
You can hold a lunch-and-learn in your workplace to dispel myths about internal auditing and explain the value that a well-resourced, independent internal audit function can provide.
You can also distribute sweet treats or tokens to coworkers with an educational flier about the profession.
Don't let the opportunity pass to advocate the importance of internal auditing to your coworkers and other stakeholders. For additional ideas, sample programs, tips, and templates, download the free Building Awareness Toolkit
from The IIA's website.
As a local chapter we are excited about the schedule of events we plan to host over the coming month, stay tuned for the fantastic line up of activities. Our theme for the month is "Corporate Governance .... Are we making progress?"
In addition, for the first time we want to recognize an audit department which has used innovation and their resources to promote Internal Audit Awareness throughout their organizations and beyond. More details will follow.
Have a great month, let's live our motto, "Progress through Sharing"
Also, please read the President's Half Year Summary (June 2014 - December 2014) (view)
Upcoming chapter events:
- IT Audit Training, May 19th, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Jamaica Conference Centre, a separate flyer will follow. Jamaica Conference Centre
- Business Conference 2015, a separate flyer will follow, Wednesday, May 20th. Jamaica Conference Centre. 8:30 am - 1:00 pm ( Package will include lunch )
- Mrs. Pamela Munroe-Ellis, Auditor-General of Jamaica
- Mr. Dennis Chung, President, PSOJ
- Mr. Everton McDonald, Chairman, GraceKennedy Audit Committee
- Mr. Leighton McKnight, Chairman, GOJ Audit Commission
- Mr. Juan Martinez, District Representative, IIA Caribbean
Panel Discussion to follow.
- CIA Review Training, (Part I ), May 21st . Jamaica Conference Centre, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Assistance to Basic Schools in Kingston & Rural areas
- "Best Internal Audit Department" Award
- Annual General Meeting, Wednesday, 29th
- IIA Academy Awards & Cocktails - Date and Time to confirmed.
For further information please contact :
“P R O G R E S S T H R O U G H S H A R I N G “
David Hall: President | Simone Ramsay-Knight: Vice President Membership | Jacquelene Chevers: Vice President Public Relations | Deidre Cousins: Vice President Seminars | Uriel Walker: Treasurer | Kevin Blake: Assistant Treasurer | Tamara Baugh-Brissett: Secretary | Jewell Williams: Assistant Secretary
The Institute of Internal Auditors, (IIA) Jamaica (mailing address only)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica Building
8 Ruthven Road
David Hall, President (997-1040)
Simone Ramsay-Knight, Vice President Membership (809-5339)
Tamara Baugh-Brissett, Secretary (393-2587)