Instructor: Edward Robertson CRM, MPA, MES
Audience: Those responsible for establishing, maintaining, using and monitoring enterprise risk management, including staff, management, executives and internal auditors
Fees: Member price: $650 + HST
Non-member price $800 = HST
See below for payment instructions.
· 4 for 3 pricing (register 3 individuals and receive a 4th registration for free)
· Register for both this course and IT Audit 201 and receive a 15% discount off both
To register, please email Jaime Rudolph at Jaime.Rudolph@ca.gt.com.
Course overview and preparation:
The course will involve discussions and related practice workshops focused on 4 key ERM principles:
1. Fundamentals of High Quality Risk Assessment
2. How to Link ERM with Strategic Planning
3. Successful ERM Implementation
4. Role and Methods for Audit
In preparation for the course, registrants are ask to consider and bring the following:
· their pressing questions on risk assessment and ERM;
· sample projects and plans for workshop exercises; and
· control self-assessment templates they are using.
A copy of the course agenda is attached.
Participants will receive 16 continuing professional education (CPE) credits.
Edward was a Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk Management for the government of British Columbia and he:
· Authored the BC government’s ERM Guideline based on experience with client teams within ministries, crown corporations, commissions and agencies.
· Was invited to conduct sessions in Government of Yukon and Government of Saskatchewan.
· Contributed to the Canadian CAN/CSA ISO 31000 guideline, and created the exam for the GRMI Canadian Risk Manager - Enterprise Risk Management (CRM-E) designation.
· Developed online courses delivered through the Risk and Insurance Management Society.
· Provided advice to the Vancouver Olympic Games Organizing Committee, Government of Canada Treasury Board Secretariat, the State of Washington, Camosun College and the University of Saskatchewan.
· Worked with BC Real Estate Association, Alberta Urban Municipalities Association and ATB Financial to lead risk ID sessions and plan ERM implementation.
· Completed first year of studies at the doctoral level in International Business, University of Victoria.
· Is the Planning and Innovation Lead for specialty metals manufacturer, Saanichton, BC.
· Has been published in Risk Management Magazine, Canadian Underwriter and CA Magazine.
Institute of Internal Auditors - Maritime Chapter
Attn: Mr. George Murphy
PO Box 95
Halifax, NS B3J 2L4
Please indicate the name of the event(s) and the participant(s) with the payment. Note that if more than one individual from your organization is attending the event, please feel free to pay with a single payment.