Location: Deloitte Office (Boardrooms Citadel A and B)
Purdy’s Wharf Tower II, 1969 Upper Water Street, Suite 1500, Halifax, NS
Fees: Member price: $650 + HST
Non-member price $800 = HST
See below for payment instructions.
· 4 for 3 pricing (register 3 individuals and receive a 4th registration for free)
· Register for both this course and ERM: Principles and Practices and receive a 15% discount off both
Registration: To register, please email Linda Charbonneau at CHARBOL@gov.ns.ca.
· Understanding of the basics of IT Auditing, including key terms and acronyms
· Learn the importance of the IT risk assessment and integration with the audit risk assessment
· Understand the difference between application controls and general controls and how to identify each.
· Understand what to look for and how to test general and application controls
· Applying critical thinking skills throughout all facets of the IT Audit process
A copy of the course agenda is attached.
Participants will receive 16 continuing professional education (CPE) credits.
Danny M. Goldberg is the Founder of GOLDSRD (www.GOLDSRD.com) , a leading provider of Staff Augmentation, Executive Recruiting and Professional Development services. Previously, Danny led the Professional Development and Executive Recruiting Practices at Sunera. Mr. Goldberg re-purchased his practice that he sold to Sunera in 2011. Prior to joining Sunera in January 2011, Danny founded SOFT GRC, an advisory services and professional development firm. Danny has over 16 years of audit experience, including five as a CAE/Audit Director at two diverse companies. The Professional Development Practice at GOLDSRD has over 100 full-day courses available for clients that can be customized. These courses include topical matters on Internal Audit, Audit, Finance and People-Centric© (Soft Skills).
Prior to founding SOFT GRC, Danny was the Director of SOX Compliance and Corporate Audit at Dr Pepper Snapple Group, where he led the Year One SOX Compliance efforts and assisted in building both departments. Prior to his tenure at Dr Pepper, Danny was the Chief Audit Executive at Tyler Technologies, a publicly traded technology company (Danny was hired to build the department from the ground up).
Danny has served on the audit committee of the Dallas Independent School District and was the Chairman of the North Texas Leadership Council of the American Lung Association in 2012. Danny is also the IIA Dallas and Fort Worth Chapter Programs Committee Co-Chairman for the 2012-2013 year and was elected to the Fort Worth IIA Board of Directors in 2013.
Danny is accredited as the professional commentator on the publication BNA Tax and Accounting Portfolio, Internal Auditing: Fundamental Principles (Accounting Policy and Practice Series), which is authored by renowned audit scholars Curtis C. Verschoor and Mort A. Dittenhofer – co-author of Sawyer’s Internal Auditing. He is currently writing a publication on Communication: People-Centric© Skills that will be published by Wiley in 2014.
He has also published numerous articles in trade magazines, including:
· The Audit Report (Critical Thoughts on Critical Thinking, June 2013) – Cover Article
· ISACA Journal (The Importance of the ARA, Volume 4, 2012)
· ISACA Journal (The Missing Piece: Optimized Interpersonal Skills, Volume 3, 2012)
· The Audit Report (Executive Search: Knowing the Company is as Important as Knowing the Candidate, December 2011)
· ISACA Journal (General Auditing for the IT Auditor: An Overview, Volume 3, 2011)
· The Audit Report (11 Hot Topics for 2011, March 2011)
· Dallas Business Journal (The Yes Man Phenomenon, January 2011)
Danny is a well-known speaker across the nation at numerous IIA and ISACA sponsored events. He currently works with over 100 professional associations around the world and numerous Fortune 1000 companies, assisting in their professional development efforts. Mr. Goldberg has been recognized as a top speaker at numerous events over the past years, including:
· 6th overall ranked speaker out of 116 – 2013 IIA International Conference
· 8th overall ranked speaker out of 120 – 2012 IIA International Conference
· 3rd and 5th Rated Sessions (out of 40) – 2013 IIA Central Regional Conference
· “Top Rated” Speaker – IIA Triple Play Event – May 2013 (4.84/5.00)
Danny is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology, Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, Certified in Risk Management Assurance, has obtained his Certification in Control Self-Assessment and is a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
Institute of Internal Auditors - Maritime Chapter
Attn: Mr. George Murphy
PO Box 95
Halifax, NS B3J 2L4
Please indicate the name of the event(s) and the participant(s) with the payment. Note that if more than one individual from your organization is attending the event, please feel free to pay with a single payment.