In August 2013, the IIA New Orleans and Baton Rouge Chapters’ Boards approved moving forward with the bid process for a 2015 IIA Regional Conference. This is a tremendous opportunity for both chapters!
Jude Viator from the Baton Rouge Chapter and Pam Fiegel from the New Orleans Chapter will Co-Chair the event. They will present the bid to the IIA Regional Conference Committee on December 11, 2013. The draft proposal is due by October 31, 2013.
IIA` HQ assigned a Staff Liaison to assist with the bid preparation. For a successful bid, we are soliciting members from both Chapters as Subcommittee Chairs and volunteers to help with the different conference activities included in the proposal. They include:
· Finance (budget, income, expenses – work closely with IIA Headquarters)
· Educational and Conference Program (program format, tracks, general sessions, speakers)
· Sponsorship and Exhibitor (products/services addressing professional needs and interests, corporate sponsorships, etc.)
· Marketing (theme and logo, advertising, promotion, websites, social media, etc.)
· Registration (registration set up, different fees, onsite registration logistics, etc.)
· Facilities (hotel, meeting space, reception, etc.)
· Volunteers (assist in all areas)
For each area, the IIA Staff Liaison and other IIA HQ personnel will be available to help. We need at least a commitment of 12 people to work with us on this. If you are interested in helping with the bid, please contact either Jude Viator at email@example.com or Pam Fiegel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we need immediate help with the bid, please note that the amount of time for the event and the activities leading to the event will span over 2 years.
With volunteers like you, we know this conference will be successful!