To all members of the Newfoundland and Labrador Chapter of the IIA ... and welcome to our new members this year.
I expect that many of you are actively involved in volunteer activities that do much to encourage others and promote the auditing profession and the Institute. What you are probably not aware of is that the IIA supports your passion and dedication to auditing and acknowledges your efforts by awarding points under the Chapter Achievement Program (CAP).
With that thought in mind, as your chapter representative responsible for CAP reporting, I would appreciate it if you would let me know whenever you participate in any of the following activities this year [June 1, 2011 – May 31, 2012]:
- Receive the CIA designation
- Participate in any Junior Achievement Program – report # volunteer hours
- Articles submitted to the Internal Auditor magazine
- Articles published in the Internal Auditor magazine
- Articles published in other professional journals
- Speaking engagements on internal auditing [only report if you were not paid for these services]
- Advocacy efforts
- Writing exam questions for IIA certification exams: CIA, CCSA, CFSA or CGAP
- Participating on an IIA-sponsored Quality Review team