The North Central Florida IIA (NCFIIA) chapter next meeting is Wednesday, September 18th. We have a great speaker on a topic with 4 hours CPE.
Our presenter will be Joe Oringel, CPA, CIA, a Managing Director with the firm Visual Risk IQ, LLC, and he will cover Cloud Computing and Other Emerging Technology Risks.
The learning objectives will include:
· Technology Primer – What is the cloud? Where is it used? Why? Compare and contrast between Cloud and Virtualization, Mobile, Social Media, and Big Data.
· How is Cloud Computing different from other computing models? How do these differences influence risk and compliance considerations?
· Understand top business and compliance risks for 2013, per the Conference Board. Were these risks included in your audit plan? Why or why not?
· Discuss recent IT litigation, and implications for risk management. What cloud risks should be transferred, accepted, mitigated, or avoided? Why?
· Review AICPA Service Organization Control (SOC) reports, including example report language.
· Develop a company-specific action plan / audit program for proposed cloud providers, prior to contract execution.
· Develop a company-specific action plan / audit program for existing cloud providers, where contracts may already be in force.
We will meet at the University of Florida Human Resources Building, Room 120, at 903 W. University Ave., Gainesville. Registration starts at 12:30 pm and the meeting begins at 1:00 pm. So join us for four hours of valuable professional training.
Please register for events by contacting Emmy Kahn.
You may pay on-line using PayPal. ($50 members / $60 non-members)
For your convenience, you may pay for your NCFIIA meeting registration with a credit card or PAYPAL.
Please make checks payable to NCF Chapter of the IIA and mail to:
Institute of Internal Auditors
PO BOX 113025
Gainesville, FL 32611
NCFIIA POLICY ON PAYMENTS, REFUNDS, and CANCELLATIONS: Registration payments must be received 3 business days, or postmarked 6 business days, prior to the scheduled meeting. Refunds will only be provided for cancellations received more than 3 days prior to the scheduled Chapter meeting. Thank you for understanding