Topic: 2013 Fraud Seminar: Fraud Issues & Answers for Internal Auditors
Location: GMU – Arlington Campus, 3351 Fairfax Dr., Arlington, VA 22201
Speaker: John J. Hall, Hall Consulting, Inc.
Executives, managers and board members expect that audit groups possess and can effectively deploy fraud-handling expertise. As a result, professional auditors are working harder than ever to keep up with changing management expectations, enhance their fraud risk management skills, and be an effective part of the organization’s fight against fraud. But even very experienced auditors will acknowledge that handling wrongdoing, misconduct and fraud issues is an area of great uncertainty and risk. This seminar provides an opportunity for auditors at all levels to learn the skills necessary to respond appropriately and effectively to fraud challenges..
• Assist management with fraud prevention and detection efforts
• Identify fraud exposures and risks
• Detect fraud and misconduct
• Handle fraud incidents
Course Outline (16 CPE):
• The auditor’s role in fraud risk management
• What the professional standards say (and what they don’t say)
• Fraud Prevention: Helping management create an anti--‐fraud environment
• Fraud risk assessment during audit planning
• Creating a fraud risk inventory for your organization
• Fraud discovery skills for internal auditors
• Fraud examples and the impact on audit planning, work programs and controls
• Monitoring suggestions
• The internal auditor’s role in investigations
Speaker Bio: John Hall is the president of Hall Consulting, Inc. He specializes in skills training programs and conference presentations for management groups, internal auditors, CPAs, and professional associations. Mr. Hall has 35 years of experience as a consultant, speaker, auditor and business owner. He has worked in senior leadership in public accounting, internal auditing, and Fortune 100 corporate management positions. John is a member of the National Speakers Association, the American Institute of CPAs, and the Institute of Internal Auditors. John’s first book: “Do What You Can! Simple Steps – Extraordinary Results” was published in June 2012.
For registration questions, please contact Elena Yearly.