Registration fee includes 17 hours CPE, course materials, and lunch for each day. Early-Bird pricing ends 03/15/13. See pricing schedule below:
|DAY 1 & DAY 2 (17 hrs CPE)
|DAY 1 ONLY (8 hrs CPE)
|DAY 2 ONLY (9 hrs CPE)
* After March 15, 2013 all prices above increase by $100
This two-day seminar will cover the key components of a high impact report as well as an in-depth look at risk and control. Participants will learn the five component approach to documenting an audit exception for high impact reports, learn how to incorporate a new format or enhance current formats for reporting audit exceptions, as well as learn the keys to selling difficult findings. Further, participants will learn techniques which are used to properly identify and document the different types of risk, along with learning how to evaluate and develop the proper controls to address known risks.
Day 1: High Impact Audit Reports (8 hours CPE)
- Understand the purpose of the audit report
- Learn the critical components
- Review and examine the five component approach
- Identify and discuss the aspects of a real action
- Reveal the keys to successful & timely issuance of audit reports
Day 2: Understanding the Risk & Control (9 hours (CPE)
- Define risk and how to rate the likelihood and significance components
- Define control and how to identify, design and evaluate them
- Lunch: Top 5 Mistakes Audit Departments Make
- Understand business management control techniques
- Identify and discuss different control types
- Introduce risk control matrix and key components
SPEAKER BIOGRAPHY: Robert L Mainardi
After 21 years of working in the Internal Audit profession in the financial services industry, Robert started his own company which develops and facilitates custom internal audit training as well as evaluating, creating and implementing formal audit methodologies. Mr. Mainardi is an active member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and has been a Distinguished Faculty Member for almost 20 years. His expertise and experience in continuous auditing has recently been recognized by Wiley & Sons in his published work – Harnessing the Power of Continuous Auditing. He continues to be a featured speaker at IIA and other professional association events each year.
If you have questions about the seminar please contact the 2nd VP.
REGISTRATION/CANCELLATION DEADLINE: April 5, 2013, 5:00 p.m.
If you encounter problems registering online or need to cancel your registration, please contact Kristi Cooper (405-429-5944 or e-mail
) by the advertised deadline. Due to commitments to the event facility and/or speaker, "no shows" and late cancellations will be billed in accordance with the IIAOKC "Luncheon No Show
Directions/parking instructions will be provided prior to the seminar.