Auditors and other financial professionals can find learning points in every fraud incident, and should review and adjust their approach as a result. In this full day program, we’ll examine a series of real fraud cases.
Using a facilitated case study approach, participants will learn how to:
· Detect fraud and misconduct—Recognize red flags; use data mining and cyber tools to ID fraud
· Build testing for fraud risks into audit and internal control assessments using recognized fraud tools (Auditors, Accountants, Financial Managers, Risk Managers, etc.)
· Assist management with implementing fraud prevention and detection efforts
· Influence management in their corrective actions following fraud incidents
· Scott Saxon, Olympia FBI, White Collar Crime Unit
· Glenn Kateta, CFE, Microsoft, Policy and Enforcement Organization for Microsoft
· Andreas Holbrook, Microsoft, Senior Xbox LIVE Enforcement Program Manager
· Guido van Drunen, CIA, CA, CFE, CAMS, KPMG Principal and Managing Director of Forensic Services
· Martin Thies, PhD, CIA, Health Care Authority – Manager of Program Integrity – Medicaid Systems Division
· John Craighill, MPA, CGAP, CFE, The Evergreen State College, Internal Auditor
· And Others
How to Register
Click on REGISTER NOW button above. Credit card payments accepted through EventBrite. For payment by check or state voucher payment process please click on the link "Show other payment options" followed by "Pay Offline" on the EventBrite registration page. Prepaid registration rate is only good for payments received before the event date.
Cancellations: Cancellations made before five business days in advance will be refunded the advance registration fees, less processing fees from the chapter’s registration administrator, EventBrite. Substitutions are always welcome. However, a substitute will be charged at the appropriate rate (member or non-member).