This month’s topic will be “Process Documentation and Root
Cause Identification”. The luncheon will provide the beginning
foundation, which will be built through interactive activating and
thought provoking discussion in the technical session. Both
sessions will be facilitated by IIA personnel.
This course gives you a chance to explore the conventions and best
practices of process documentation and interviewing, based on your
level of expertise. It also covers how to evaluate process documentation,
including the use of walkthroughs and flowcharts.
- Gain understanding of process documentation through Narratives,
- Flowcharts and Walkthroughs
- Identify the common forms used during process documentation.
- Identify root cause
- Understand the most commonly used tool (Risk and Control
- Matrix) for documenting risk
- Write a risk statement
- Write a narrative, walkthrough, and flowchart
- Describe a control
- Write a detailed audit program