Emerging Technology Issues for Audit and Risk Professionals / Third Party Risks
We are pleased to have Joe Oringel presenting on Emerging Technology Issues for Audit and Risk Professionals / Third Party Risks. We look forward to having you join us for this IT seminar.
Hour 1 – Identifying a (IT) Project Sponsor Is Different in Today's Cloudy, Mobile, Always-on World. Yet the Risks Have Never Been Greater
- Headline review
- Summary: "IT Risks" = "Business Risks"
- Top Business and Technology Risks per Conference Board
- Third-Party Relationships
- Cloud Computing
- Social Media
- Data Breaches
- Intellectual Property Leakage
- So what should we (audit / risk / compliance) do about it?
Hour 2 – Technology Primer
- Cloud computing
- Record Retention
- Social Media
- Big Data
Hours 3, 4: What's in your audit plan? Why? And how did it get there?
- Risk Assessment Fundamentals
- Frameworks for Evaluating Business and IT Risk
- New risks, of the Cloud: multi-tenancy, sustainability, scalability, and more
- What is Cloud Computing? How does it differ from Virtualization?
- How should the adoption of Cloud Computing affect your risk assessment?
- Third Party Risks / Contracting / Pre-Approval
Hour 5 - Mobile Computing / Considerations for BYOD vs. Company-Owned Devices
- Tell me more about that $26 million dollar laptop?
- Remote wipe
- Policy Recommendations
- Audit plan considerations
Hour 6, 7 – Contracting Fundamentals – Before and After The Deal is Signed
- Learning from Recent Litigation
- Risk Transfer, Risk Mitigation
- Risk Avoidance, Risk Acceptance
- AICPA Guidance / Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports
- Developing Company-Specific Action Plans for Proposed Third Party Providers
- Developing Company-Specific Action Plans for Existing Third Party Providers
Hour 8 – Social Media Update / Reputation Risk
- Business benefits of Social Media
- Social Media policies and governance
- Social Media blunders from the real world
- Integrating Social Media and Incident Response
- Listening to what is said about us
- Investigative considerations with Social Media
- The power of hypotheticals
- Review and wrap-up
Lunch will be provided.
$175 for members
$250 for non-members
Earn 8 CPEs
Joe Oringel is a CPA and CIA with twenty years of experience in internal auditing, fraud detection and forensics. He has over ten years of Big 4 external audit, internal audit, and risk advisory experience, prior to helping found Visual Risk IQ. His corporate experience includes information security, internal auditing, and risk and control of large ERP systems for companies in highly regulated industries, including Pharmaceuticals, Utilities, and Financial Services.
Joe and his business partner Kim Jones left PwC in 2006 to start Visual Risk IQ, where they help large, complex organizations take advantage of new and emerging technologies for continuous auditing, continuous monitoring, visual reporting and risk-focused data analysis. Joe studied at LSU's acclaimed Center for Internal Auditing, where he earned a BS in Accounting. He also has an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Visual Risk IQ is an alliance partner and implementation specialist for a number of software firms in the audit data analytics world, and they deliver tailored solutions for clients both directly and in concert with other firms. In part because of the firms use of cloud computing and social media, Joe is a frequent speaker and author about cloud computing, social media, and emerging IT risks, and has presented at numerous conferences, including MISTIs SuperStrategies, the IIAs Governance Risk and Compliance Conference, and Chapter and District Conferences around the country.