Attendees are required to Pre-Pay by credit card, debit card or PayPal using the "PayPal" website / button (see below).
However, if you have no alternative and must pay by check - Please RSVP by clicking the "Pay By Check" button below and send an e-mail notifying the chapter of the individual attending. After registering on-line, then send your check payable to: Institute of Internal Auditors, Sacramento Chapter and send a copy of your completed mail-in registration form to the following address:
The Golden 1 Credit Union
c/o Internal Audit Department - IIA
Post Office Box 278598
Sacramento, CA 95827- 8598
Registration for this event has closed.
After the event, please complete our survey to tell us how the seminar went and where we can improve. The survey link is on the bottom of this page.
TOPIC: Auditing Techniques (2-day course)
Program Content: This course reviews the various types of audits, workpaper techniques, audit evidence and testing and reporting of audit issues. This course reviews the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the basic tools used by internal auditors.
Learning Objectives: This seminar is designed for business personnel who are entering internal auditing for the first time and more experienced auditors who are preparing for the Certified Internal Auditor exam. It is designed to help participants:
- Expand knowledge of rules of audit evidence, sampling and testing of controls
- Practice writing audit issues using the five elements of an audit finding
- Learn more about the differences between the design and operation of internal controls
- Learn more about the Types of Audits; Financial, Operational, Compliance, IT, Consulting
- Develop a better understanding on the elements of good workpapers
- Learn more about IIA Standards to prepare for CIA exam
Instructor: Larry Hubbard
Larry is a professional trainer and consultant with a broad background in accounting, auditing, and finance. He received his MS degree in Computer Science from the University of North Texas and his BS degree in Mathematics from West Texas State University. He now lives in Bethesda, Maryland, and is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Internal Auditor, a Certified Information Systems Auditor, and is certified in Control Self-Assessment. Larry’s work experience included Mobil Corporation where he worked as the financial reporting manager, audit manager, and information systems audit supervisor and manager at Ernst & Young specializing in information technology audits.
Location: 3188 Zinfandel Drive, HQ-2 Building, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Field of Study: Auditing
Advance Preparation: None
Knowledge Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Live Group
The Sacramento Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
Refund and Complaint Resolution Policy
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our Seminar Chair at 916.464.5520 or at Barbra.Owens@dmv.ca.gov
All cancellation notices must be received at least 24 hours prior to the start of the seminar. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED UNLESS 24 HOURS NOTICE IS GIVEN
. Members may attend a future seminar within one year with the approval of the Seminar Chair.
Registration / Payment Buttons (Note: Buttons do not work since registration has ended)
Pay by Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal account
View Shopping Cart for Multiple Payments
For those paying for other individuals please e-mail the chapter
to notify them who you are paying for and who is attending.
Note: We have created a shopping cart option so organizations can pay for multiple individuals at one time.
- Under the PayPal logo,select the option you want to sign-up.
- Select your Membership Status (IIA Member or Non-Member)
- Enter your Member Number
- Enter the name of the individual attending the chapter meeting or seminar
- Press the “Add to Cart" button. You will be directed to the Pay Pal Website
- You will see your shopping cart. If you want to purchase another seminar for another individual press "continue shopping"
- You can view your shopping cart by presssing "view cart"
- Once you have everyone that is attending, press the "check-out" button to pay for the seminars.
- Enter your name, billing address, credit/debit card Information
- Enter any special instructions for the event coordinator (For example, the name of the company or agency you work for)
- Select the “review order” button to review the information
- If the information is correct, select the “pay now” button
- Print your receipt for your records
- Once done, select the return to IIA, Sacramento Chapter button to return to the chapter website
- For those paying for other individuals please e-mail the chapter to notify them who you are paying for and who is attending.
Let us know how the event was...