Attendees are required to Pre-Pay by credit card, debit card or PayPal using the "PayPal" website / button (see below).
However, if you have no alternative and must pay by check - Please RSVP
by clicking the "Pay By Check"
button below and send an e-mail notifying the chapter of the individual attending. After registering on-line, then send your check payable to: Institute of Internal Auditors, Sacramento Chapter
and send a copy of your completed mail-in registration form
to the following address:
The Golden 1 Credit Union
c/o Internal Audit Department - IIA
Post Office Box 278598
Sacramento, CA 95827- 8598
Registration for this event ends on Tuesday, March 5th, 2013.
After the event, please complete our survey to tell us how the seminar went and where we can improve. The survey link is on the bottom of this page.
TOPIC: Crucial Communication Skills for Auditors
Program Content: Have great auditors that could use some help with their communication skills? Auditors who can communicate effectively are exponentially more effective than auditors who cannot. This full day course will give auditors of all levels an outline of how to optimize their communication skills. This will focus not only on Auditees but all aspects of the Audit, including the Audit Committee and peers.
Learning Objectives: This seminar is designed for internal auditors at all levels. It is designed to help participants:
- How to optimize confrontation
- The importance of communication in the role of auditor
- Effective presentation and writing skills
- General Communication Issues
- Written Communications
- In Person Communication
Instructor: Danny M. Goldberg
Danny M. Goldberg leads the Professional Development Practice at Sunera. Prior to joining Sunera in January 2011, Danny founded SOFT GRC, an advisory services and professional development firm. Danny has over 15 years of audit experience, including five as a CAE/Audit Director at two diverse companies. He has the rare experience of being an integral part/leading the Year One SOX Compliance efforts at three companies in the DFW area. Additionally, he has assisted in leading the establishment of three internal audit/SOX departments.
Location: 3188 Zinfandel Drive, HQ-2 Building, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Field of Study: Auditing
Advance Preparation: None
Knowledge Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Live Group
The Sacramento Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
Refund and Complaint Resolution Policy
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our Seminar Chair at 916.464.5520 or at Barbara.Owens@dmv.ca.gov
All cancellation notices must be received at least 24 hours prior to the start of the seminar. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED UNLESS 24 HOURS NOTICE IS GIVEN
. Members may attend a future seminar within one year with the approval of the Seminar Chair.
Registration / Payment Buttons
Pay by Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal account
View Shopping Cart for Multiple Payments
For those paying for other individuals please e-mail the chapter
to notify them who you are paying for and who is attending.
Note: We have created a shopping cart option so organizations can pay for multiple individuals at one time.
- Under the PayPal logo,select the option you want to sign-up.
- Select your Membership Status (IIA Member or Non-Member)
- Enter your Member Number
- Enter the name of the individual attending the chapter meeting or seminar
- Press the “Add to Cart" button. You will be directed to the Pay Pal Website
- You will see your shopping cart. If you want to purchase another seminar for another individual press "continue shopping"
- You can view your shopping cart by presssing "view cart"
- Once you have everyone that is attending, press the "check-out" button to pay for the seminars.
- Enter your name, billing address, credit/debit card Information
- Enter any special instructions for the event coordinator (For example, the name of the company or agency you work for)
- Select the “review order” button to review the information
- If the information is correct, select the “pay now” button
- Print your receipt for your records
- Once done, select the return to IIA, Sacramento Chapter button to return to the chapter website
- For those paying for other individuals please e-mail the chapter to notify them who you are paying for and who is attending.
Let us know how the event was...
After the event please complete the survey by clicking on the link.
Building Effective Communication Skills Survey