2013 March Chapter Luncheon
- How to Enhance Your Effectiveness – Based on Quality Assessment Results & Other Best Practice Ideas (1 CPE Awarded)
- Lew Burnham, CPA, Retired General Auditor (Phillips Petroleum Company), former partner (Ernst&Young)
- Lew is retired General Auditor, Phillips Petroleum Company. He was responsible for internal audits, program evaluation, and internal consulting for Phillips’ world-wide operations (now ConocoPhillips).
- He is a former partner, Ernst & Ernst (now Ernst&Young) and worked in USA, Latin America, and Europe, with short-term assignments in Asia and North Africa – in audit, consulting, and special projects for commercial, industrial, financial, and public sector clients (strong emphasis in energy and financial services industries, including joint authorship of a foreign exchange trading handbook).
- Lew has an Accounting degree from Brigham Young University and is a Certified Public Accountant – and long-time member of the AICPA. Since retirement, he has worked as a:
- Quality assessment team leader / validator, conference speaker, trainer / course instructor, and consultant for the Institute of Internal Auditors in a broad variety of assignments.
- Volunteer consultant for International Center for Accounting Reform (Russia and CIS), International Executive Services Corps, Financial Services Volunteer Corps, and other international assistance organization for building economic infrastructure and capacity – with extensive work in Russia and Viet Nam, as well as short-term projects in many other countries in Eastern Europe, Asia, and Latin America during the past 12+ years).
- Adjunct professor for BYU Marriott School of Management – and current member of its National Advisory Council – as well as a volunteer teacher of English for Speakers of Other Languages and other language courses for high school and adult education programs.
- Lew is fluent in Spanish and French, with reading and comprehension skills in several other languages, as well as a native speaker of Esperanto. His hobbies are horticulture (including fruit tree and plant propagation), linguistics, and reading.
- RSVP by Monday March 11th,
- Attendees who register by the
RSVP will receive a $10.00 discount (The website pricing includes the $10
discount). Registration after the RSVP date will be assessed an additional
$10 fee and all fees must be paid with cash or check at the door.
Reservations made after the RSVP date will not be guaranteed a
meal (depending on availability).
- Cancellation Policy
- Please cancel 48 hours before the event by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. This timely notice allows us to update the
venue and avoid the charges for unnecessary seats/meals. Cancellations
that occur after the deadline will not receive a refund.
- Click here to reserve your spot!