2013 September Chapter Luncheon
- Disaster Recovery Business Continuity (1 CPE Awarded)
- Robert A. Nielsen: Questar
- Robert “Bob” Nielsen has held a variety of positions in the emergency management field. He is currently a Senior Business Consultant, Emergency Management for Questar Corporation. In this capacity, he manages the policies and plan integration for Questar Corporation under the direction of the Corporate Risk Management group. Previously he was the Corporate Business Continuity Manager for Zions Management Services Company. During his tenure at Questar Corporation he was the Chief Architect for Information Technology, Director of Security Services, and Director of Service Diversion. Prior to joining Questar Corporation he was a Special Agent in the Federal Bureau of Investigation specializing in foreign counter intelligence and offshore banking fraud.
- Mr. Nielsen has a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Utah; is a graduate of the FBI Academy; and has pursued post graduate work at the University of Utah in business. He has completed the Capstone Certification from FEMA and participated at the IEMC in Emmitsburg, Maryland for national training in Emergency Management.
- Mr. Nielsen has:
- Won gold and bronze recognition medals from the Pacific Coast Gas Association for significant contributions to the natural gas industry.
- Organized and conducted five industry conferences on disaster recovery and terrorism management for the Pacific Coast Gas Association and two other regional associations for utility companies.
- Conducted substantial numbers of business continuity and disaster recovery exercises ranging from small departments to large interdisciplinary exercises involving over 400 participants representing government, private industry and emergency responders.
- Scott Hansen: Questar
- Scott Hansen has a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Brigham Young University and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Utah.
- He is a Professional Engineer with the State of Utah.
- Scott has been employed by Questar for over 30 years in various functions and positions including design engineer, supervisor of rates, company planner, project manager, supervisor of transportation contracting and gas scheduling, FERC compliance officer and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Current responsibilities include corporate FERC compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, corporate customer creditworthiness oversight, business continuity, and emergency planning.
- RSVP by Monday September 9th, 2013.
- Attendees who register by the RSVP will receive a $10.00 discount (The website pricing includes the $10 discount). Registration after the RSVP date will be assessed an additional $10 fee and all fees must be paid with cash or check at the door. Reservations made after the RSVP date will not be guaranteed a meal (depending on availability).
- Cancellation Policy - Please cancel 48 hours before the event by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This timely notice allows us to update the venue and avoid the charges for unnecessary seats/meals. Cancellations that occur after the deadline will not receive a refund.
- Registration Closed. (After completing the survey, you will be redirected to this page)
- Please reserve your spot by clicking the link above prior to submitting payment.
- $25.00 Members Registration Closed.
- $30.00 Non-members Registration Closed.
- $18.00 Student/Retiree Registration Closed.