2014 IIA April Chapter Luncheon
- Auditing Compliance Programs: The Benefits of a Focus on Governance- and Management-level Controls (1 CPE Awarded)
- Deena King, Pure Knowledge Consulting
Deena has over 30 years experience in a variety of organizations, including local, state, and federal government, higher education, non-profit, utility, and for-profit--her work with the CIA literally took her all over the world (including Stockholm, Vienna, New Delhi, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires). She also serves on professional and non-profit boards. Most recently she worked with Jim Bailey and Lew Burnham, fellow members of the IIA-Salt Lake Chapter, to bring Utah law in compliance with audit standards during the 2014 legislative session. Deena was the Program Manager of IT Audit/Compliance at NV Energy in Las Vegas and was a key member of the team that designed the Brigham Young University compliance program. In recent years she has spoken to audiences at local, industry-specific, and national conferences on topics including compliance program documentation, design, self-assessment, and IT audit. Her book, Compliance in One Page, will be published this summer.
Registration is closed
- RSVP by Monday April 7th, 2014.
- Attendees who register by the RSVP will receive a $10.00 discount (The website pricing includes the $10 discount). Registration after the RSVP date will be assessed an additional $10 fee and all fees must be paid with cash or check at the door. Reservations made after the RSVP date will not be guaranteed a meal (depending on availability).
- Cancellation Policy - Please cancel 48 hours before the event by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This timely notice allows us to update the venue and avoid the charges for unnecessary seats/meals. Cancellations that occur after the deadline will not receive a refund.