As of March 2014, our chapter has earned 1,120 CAP Points. We need 1560 points by the end of May 2014 to maintain our PLATINUM status (requires GOLD status for ten of the last eleven years)!
The IIA sponsors the Chapter Achievement Program (CAP) as a way to recognize and encourage local chapters to participate in activities that promote the IIA’s strategic and chapter objectives. The chapter earns points by participating in activities that support its members, the profession, and the community.
CAP is made of three performance levels: Bronze (685 points), Silver (1,060 points), and Gold (1,560 points). Performance levels are based on points earned during the chapter year, June 1 to May 31. Chapters may obtain Platinum performance level if Gold status is achieved 10 of 11 consecutive years.
What Can I Do?
The Chapter earns points for member and officer involvement. You can help the Chapter earn CAP points by:
- Attending chapter events (e.g. luncheons, seminars, and student events);
- Recruiting new members to join our chapter;
- Obtaining an IIA Certification (i.e. CIA, CCSA, CFSA, CRSK and/or CRMA);
- Submitting articles for publication in the Internal Auditor magazine, or other professional journals**;
- Contributing to IIA sponsored funds (e.g. IAAF and/or IIA Research Foundation)**;
- Performing speeches or training sessions to others outside your company (without receiving a fee)**;
- Participating in any Junior Achievement program**;
- Utilizing CIA Learning System Self-Study materials (link is on our webpage)**;
- Developing exam questions for IIA Certification exams**; and
- Participating on an IIA-sponsored Quality Review team**.
**Please notify the chapter’s CAP Committee Chair, Cecilia Tankersley, of your participation.
For questions, or if you would like to learn of other involvement opportunities, contact Cecilia Tankersley at Cecilia.email@example.com
Thanks for your help!