IIA Toronto Chapter & Deloitte
INTRODUCTION TO ACL
JANUARy 29 & 30, 2013
8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
This interactive course will provide participants an overview of the use of ACL software and the applications of CAATs (Computer Assisted Audit Techniques) on internal audit projects. The course will provide participants hands on experience using ACL and introduce data analysis concepts and techniques. Participants will use ACL as they follow the instructor through each module in performing exercises and case studies.
This course is intended for professionals who have minimal or no prior ACL experience.
The topics to be covered in the course are as follows:
- Introduction to CAATs and data analysis
- ACL Concepts and Overview
- Uses of ACL/CAATs on internal audit projects
- Basic File Control Commands and Calculations
- Creating Data Files
- Defining and Editing Data Formats
- Sorting & Filtering Data
- Population Analysis
- Selecting Statistical Samples
- Creating Reports
- Interfacing with Other Software
- Advanced Data Types
- Basic Programming & Script Processing
- Multi-File Processing
- Complex File Structures
- Documentation and Control
The course will be facilitated by senior practitioners from Deloitte & Touche who have extensive experience on using ACL and utilizing CAATs to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit projects and reviews.
Please Note: There is a cancellation policy in effect.
As space is limited, please pre-register by calling or emailing the IIA Toronto Chapter Office.
To register online, please visit the event website:
CPE: 16 Hours